I am always bombarded with an array of workshop, webinar, teleseminar and conference offers at the beginning of the year. Most of them are about learning the business secrets to increasing cash flow, improving marketing, setting up a to die for business plan, getting your head around how to use social media for your business etc etc.... the list is actually endless. And yep, each new year, I get caught up in the "I really should attend / participate..." mentality and then when i don't make the effort feel pretty lousy! This year, I did something different........
I attended a local event (yippee no travel) called I am Woman. And we made it a family affair. I went with my sister and two nieces. A big change for me as I would ordinarily choose a business event. The great part about this day was that all the women who spoke / presented sessions were all business owners too. And the key focus was on us as ourselves.
And here are my ten wellbeing for the new year ....
1. You're the author of your story
2. Repetition leads to belief
3. As humans we cycle and life is ever-changing
4. Sloppy routine = sloppy results
5.Learn to say "No"
6. be kind - make someone's day
7. Put yourself first - this is essential
8. Look for positives in a negative situation
9. Plant the seeds today for your future
10. If you want to be successful, you need to build a team around you.
These are such great reminders as we all gear up for the new year.
- Read through all 10 tips
- Paste them onto a wall, put them into your phone or anywhere where you will see them often
- Choose 2 to focus on right now.
Good luck and I hope they make a difference to your new year. I would love to hear what you are going to focus on. Let me know here.
And if you want to take a peek at my niece's businesses, you can find them here.
Nicole Salmon - Coach and Personal Fitness
Kate Appleyard - Singer and Songwriter